Friday 7 February 2014

Do what you fear most and you control your own fear.





The moment I saw this slip dress hanging on the SALES rack in Topshop I had to have it. There is only one small problem with it. I think I look absolutely absurd in a long dress due to the fact that I am only 160 cm's tall. I have always thought maxi and midi dresses where not made for people with my height and body shape. I have always watched from the sidelines when it comes to any item of clothing longer than the knee. However, if I ever did wear anything longer than the knee it would HAVE to be this slip midi dress. The way the hem delicately flares out with this 90's slip dress also gives me a deeper love for this materialistic item.  Obviously I bought the dress and I actually wore it out in public and conquered my fear. In the end I just didn't really care about what others thought because I felt happy in what I was in and that's all that matters.                                  Plus the sidelines where so boring I am more of a team player ;).  






Topshop slip midi dress,  Sportsgirl sandals, Ebay choker, Thrifted bag. 


So I encourage whoever is reading this to try and step out of their comfort zones. When you choose your next outfit go for that skirt that makes your bum look like an air balloon or that top that is a little bit too low for your liking. People may judge you but who cares, you will probably never see them again and as long as you feel great you will most probably look great. Unless you're wearing underpants over your trousers that's just plain odd!

Until next time internet friends, Isabel xo. 

1 comment: